General Ledger Accountant
Contributes to the strict closing deadlines for internal and external reporting.Apply
We are seeking a General Ledger accountant in Apeldoorn (the Netherlands) that is willing to operate in a dynamic and international setting. Main area of focus is processing purchase invoices, creating payments, posting bank statements and creating customer invoices in an accurate and efficient way within the given timelines. Contributes to the strict closing deadlines for internal and external reporting. You will be part of a small team with finance professionals and reporting to the Head of Finance, also located in Apeldoorn.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Checks and verifies account payable records.
- Prepares invoices, vouchers, types and files.
- Posts ledger and general journal entries and/or balances accounts payable in an accurate and timely manner.
- Is involved in matching invoices to PO’s.
- Prepares invoices in accordance with company policy.
- Monitors status of outstanding balances and works with customers and business areas to ensure the timely collection of outstanding receivable balance.
- Conducts specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
- Assist in the preparation of foreign and local and tax (income, sales, VAT, withholding) returns.
- Processes, posts and reconciles bank statements on a daily basis.
- Performs any ad hoc financial activity (i.e. what is not mentioned above, but still needs to be done).
- Interacts with third parties like bank, auditors, both internal and external, both local and foreign.
- Maintaining and updating BS reconciliations;
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts accurately on a monthly basis;
What you will bring with you:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant study;
- Minimal 5 years + (international) experience;
- Strong analytical skills ;
- IFRS knowledge;
- Experience with a private equity owned company is a plus;
- The ability to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurized environment;
- Knowledge about Dutch tax and preferably also international tax;
- Ability to use Excel on high level as well as other MS Office tools
- Communicate fluently in English and Dutch;
- The ability and willingness to work in a highly demanding and dynamic environment;
What you will get in return (based on a full-time employment):
- An inspiring, fun and technically interesting assignment and work environment
- A salary between €4.200 and €5.500 per month
- 27 holidays per year
- A number of extra days off (e.g. the period between Christmas and New Year)
- Contribution-free pension (leaving you with more net monthly savings!)
- €250 internet allowance per year
- €250 annual vitality allowance