Internship Stereo Vision
Internship stereo vision involving deep learning and real-time camera image processingApply
One of the main elements in our systems is building a maritime surveillance picture, i.e. the positions and movements of all vessels. Such a surveillance picture is maintained, among other ways, by using radar sensors, cameras and ship-reported data. Since a Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) system is a safety-related system, the quality and reliability of this surveillance picture are extremely important.
Advances in Deep Learning have made it possible to process real-time camera data, in particular the extraction and identification of objects. Combining the data from two cameras (stereo vision) enables the location of relevant objects in view.
The basic principles and feasibility of such an approach were researched in an earlier internship. This internship involves implementing a “Proof of Concept” system that identifies vessels in view and determines their locations.
The assignment consists of the following steps:
- Reviewing the earlier research;
- Implementing a Convolutional Neural Network, such as YOLO to process two camera streams;
- Implementing the location algorithm, based on pairs of identified objects;
- Testing and evaluating the implemented solution.
What do we offer?
An innovative, dynamic and ambitious international environment where you can learn a great deal and gain valuable experience. You will work with colleagues who have a passion for technology and like to work with you. You will work in an organisation where your creativity can grow to its full potential. Our culture is informal, open and friendly. We focus on our employees, professionalism, responsibility and, above all, enjoyable work. We offer a payment of €400 (Bachelors rate) or €500 (Masters rate) gross per month, flexibility in working hours and working environment.
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s study in a relevant field (ICT, Mathematics, Electronics or Physics);
- Fluency in English (oral and written). Dutch is a pre;
- Analytical and creative thinking;
- Knowledge of deep-learning algorithms.
/ By applying for this position, you agree that your social media presence can be part of our evaluation.