Advanced Automatic Identification System (AIS) network management
Fully web-based solution
From single base station to national network
Full support for VDES
Supports encrypted communications
Advanced AIS management
Setting up AIS listening stations to receive live traffic these days is not difficult. And many commercial services even save you the trouble offering data subscriptions. So why is AIS network management important?
The real challenge comes when, as a competent authority, you are tasked with maintaining a fully functional AIS network that provides safety features through two way communication.
Up for the task
What a true AIS network offers beyond a simple listener system for example is:
- Virtual Aids to Navigation (AtoNs) ;
- support for Search and Rescue Transponders (SART);
- Two way messaging through AIS mail;
- Distribution of safety related messages;
- Reconciliation of multiple reception of the same date through separate base stations;
- Remote configuration and management of base stations;
- Control of ship transponder behaviour (assigned mode)
- Application Programming Interface (API) for integration with Vessel Traffic Services and Port Management.
Beyond this functionality, there is also an important development that is gaining traction in the market: VHF Data Exchange System (VDES). We fully support this evolution of AIS that provides more capacity and functionality than vanilla AIS.